The lovely Alissa (the fashionista and brains behind storybehindthecloth.com) nominated A Lot on Your Mind a while back for a Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much for thinking of me and your continuous support and kindness is greatly appreciated!
Story Behind The Cloth is a fantastic fashion blog which focuses on the story and meaning behind what we wear. Alissa has so many wonderful ideas and I strongly urge you to go read her blog right now. Particularly her thoughts on ‘The Spectrum of Truth – Is Truth Really Black and White?’ in which she opens up a theoretical discussion about what truth is and relates this to colour. She talks about the ambiguity versus necessary properties of colours whilst suggesting that there can be both subjective and universal truths in fashion, demonstrated in how we style ourselves. A very interesting and different philosophical perspective. On her blog she also has a series of posts a Colour Psychology Questionnaire and the results found, which relates to this.
Blogger awards are a fun way for bloggers to show appreciation for other bloggers and their content. Blogging is harder work than it may look like from the outside, so it means the world when we are shown in any way that we are appreciated! The Versatile Blogger Award celebrates high quality, unique, and loving content. When nominated, the blogger can choose to accept the nomination and pass it on to 15 bloggers that they believe deserve a nomination as well.
The rules to accept this award are simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link their blog. There are millions of blogs out there, and somebody chose yours!
- Nominate 15 bloggers to keep spreading the appreciation.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts about Alice from A Lot on Your Mind:
- I love music. Although I can’t play any instruments. I did get a ukulele for Christmas so I hope to learn how to play that soon! My preference is more in the genre of rock and indie rock with my favourite artists/bands being Jack White, The Beatles, and Camera Obscura, to name a few. But I’m also listening to some more Metallica nowadays and going to see Foo Fighters in June.
- I’m into bullet journalling, and have also tried to take up hand lettering. I’m always trying to practice my cursive handwriting!
- I’m trying to take more time to self-reflect. I lack confidence and constantly doubt the work I do therefore I’m trying to focus on my strengths and build my weaknesses. I recently took the VIA survey (an established Positive Psychology tool) to find out my character strengths. My top five strengths are:
Go take this survey to find out your strengths and let me know what you got!
4. I’m vegan. For the animals and for the planet. I try to be compassionate to all living things. I slip up very rarely and I still have a lot to learn (beauty products-wise) but I could never go back. I wasn’t sure whether to include this but it’s part of who I am.
5. I didn’t know what I wanted to do for my career until I came to university. That’s why I chose a combined honours degree. I just knew I loved psychology and philosophy. I feel like time flies by from when you leave school and you have to figure it all out so quickly.
6. In regards to fashion (how could I not include this), I’d describe my style as classic and a bit girly. I am trying to wear more skirts and dresses and I would be so happy wearing a top and cardigan, a skirt, ballet flats, and a small cross-body bag – keeping it simple!
7. I’m a massive night owl!
Thank you for all your support, and I’ve nominated a few recent followers who I haven’t interacted with yet. Therefore, I can’t wait to get to know you all better. Keep up the awesome work!
- All Things Ken
- The Truth About Mental Health
- No. Right. No Wrong.
- Warriors, not Worriers
- Way To Much Too Say
- Psych in a Box
- The Doors To Wisdom
- J. A. Allen
- Topics with Passion
- Ever Thought Why
I can’t wait to read your posts!