I have been nominated by the lovely thepsychogrok for a blogger recognition award. Thank you so much for considering me. You were one of the first to support A Lot on Your Mind and I cannot be more grateful for making me feel so welcome.
A Lot on Your Mind began on November 23 2017. The idea was sprung by my boyfriend a few weeks before. It was a very good idea to start a blog so I can further pursue my passion of psychology. What’s more, as a current final year university student, I wanted to share all that I’ve learned (and going to learn) as well as provide useful advice for other students.
Thank you to all who constantly support this blog. I never really knew what a blog was before but I am really enjoying writing content and reading other’s amazing blogs! It is such a wonderful community.
Here’s my advice for new bloggers:
- Think about the theme of your blog – focus on what is going to be the main content of your blog. Start with a general theme (e..g Psychology, lifestyle, food, health etc.) so you can establish what kind of topics you’re going to write about. However, accept that sometimes you may incorporate some other topics.
- Include pictures – including pictures, graphics, and diagrams for example breaks up your articles a little bit. It entices viewers to read more, and is much nicer to look at! Try to keep your content fun and concise.
- Follow a schedule – a good blog posts regularly. Try to maintain a schedule, whether that is daily, weekly, or a few times a month.
- Share on social media – Twitter seems to be where the majority of my viewers come from. Share your blog posts on other social media platforms to gather more interest.
- Reach out – don’t be afraid to interact with other bloggers. Make friends, get advice and give it, comment and like others’ posts to show your appreciation, collaborate with others!
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself – give it time. It may take a while to gain a lot of followers for your blog. Persist with it and post regularly, you’ll get there. As long as you’re doing what makes you happy and sharing with others your interests and opinions – that’s all that matters.
My nominees are:
- Story Behind the Cloth
- Happy Colorful Growth
- Yours and Mind Psychology
- A Better Man
- The Truth about Mental Health
- Brainbow Journal
- Cortex Corner
- Topics with Passion
It has been a pleasure to follow your blogs and read the content you post. Keep up the good work!
To participate in this award:
1. Show your gratitude to the person who nominated you and provide a link back to the person’s blog.
2. Give a brief story on your blog.
3. Share two or more pieces of advice for beginner bloggers.
4. Choose 10 other bloggers to nominate.
5. Comment on each blog by letting them know they’ve been nominated and provide a link to your award post.
Thanks for reading,